Like in any other institution, vision is the motivating and also a very key factor in any relationship. It is well known that where there is no vision the people perish (Proverbs 29:18). The same concept is very critical for any meaningful relationship to work. If it lacks vision, it lacks control and the parties involved end up casting off restraint. You can guess what will happen.
The vision or end goal of every good relationship is marriage that honors God and one that helps you to pursue your dreams, that is being with the person who compliments and inspires you to become the best version of yourself. Compatibility is also key to consider. Relationships require investment, in terms of quality time, resources and also good communication. But investment without a plan with a clear time frame is almost or even useless. What I mean is having objectives that you intend to sacrifice to achieve for the common good of the parties involved.
These objectives may include: walking in purity, integrity, serving the Lord with a whole heart and anything else that contributes to the end product- a marriage that honors God.
Dangers of visionless relationship
A relationship that lacks a clear vision leads to a dead end and many sorrows. The most know consequence of such is fornication/ compromise. This happens because there was no effort of having a goal or even not objectively following your vision. You may still have a vision but end up compromising. Why? because the two parties did not objectively/ intentionally pursue their vision.
The other danger is putting yourselves in an awkward position where you can’t explain clearly what you really are engaged in and end up wasting each other’s time and resources. This is painful. You end up being entangled/ attached to a person who is wasting you time and fooling you.
The end result of such a relationship is hatred and unforgiveness that make you mad and heartsick as you try to figure out what really happened. Hate end up poisoning your soul.
For believes, this is the time when the enemy take advantage and brings in a state of great depression and agony and you end up being ineffective.
The enemy’s strategy
His desire is to hook you up in a bad relationship to frustrate you and make you ineffective in serving the Lord with a whole heart. I personally experienced this and it is worse, trust me.
Affect doing this, he condemns you. condemnation is the greatest weapon in the enemy’s arsenal, and therefore he will frustrate you because you ended in a relationship that made you to compromise.
Having a great vision is necessary but its not enough. Involving the Lord in every step is the key to a successful relationship that will lead to an honorable marriage. It is the will of the father to give you the best if only you trust in His leading. It takes the grace of God for a relationship to work, it’s not by our own effort. For God works in us both to will and to do His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).
Always know this, I Corinthians 10:12 “let anyone who thinks he stands take heed of himself lest he fall.”
- SACREDNESS OF THE MARRIAGE BEDThe marriage bed is like a flower where love blossoms. It is in the coming together intimately [sexually], that love develops. When both partners give themselves in complete surrender to the other, a uniting of unparalleled depth takes place. The sexual expression, the cleaving is an excellent producer of oneness. [Genesis 2:24].
- Can a man marry an older woman?The Bible places no requirements for age in marriage. It does not give a clear indication about the age difference for the couples to marry. No where does the Bible prohibit marrying an older woman. Since the Bible is silent on this concern, all believers have liberty in this area.
- ON WHAT GROUND SHOULD ONE DIVORCE?Divorce in the Scripture is permitted only because of man’s sin. From these two cases we have looked into, it is clear that there is no ground on which divorce is truly justified. It has never been God’s intention from the beginning and only death can separate them.
- DIVORCE IS NOT THE SOLUTIONBefore considering divorce, one should put into account the lives of children involved. Are you willing to raise them without a father? You deny them the privilege to ever experience a father’s love or even a mother’s love.
- HOW TO KNOW THE WILL OF GODWe naturally don’t want God’s will, we want our will. But His will is necessary for us to be successful and blessed. We should therefore learn to submit our will and desires to God’s perfect will for it is good, pleasing and perfect. [Romans 12:2].